Founded in 2016, TRII is working to address the unequal access to representation in immigration court.
The Right to Immigration Institute (TRII) is a nonprofit focused on training students in legal research and involving them in the process of providing representation and assistance for asylum seekers and aliens in immigration proceedings under attorney supervision.
tHE ROAD SO FAR
- Established TRII as the first organization working towards accrediting undergraduates.
- Granted 501(c)(3) status
- Started a Chapter of TRII at Brandeis University and Suffolk University
- Partnered with Localize to provide our services in multiple languages.
- Expanded our Board to include 2 attorneys, 2 students, 1 outside professional, and 1 former USCIS officer.
- Received the Davis Peace Prize which is $10,000 in funding awarded to a grassroots project which employs innovative techniques for engaging project participants in ways that focus on conflict resolution, reconciliation, building understanding and breaking down barriers which cause conflict, and finding solutions for resolving conflict and maintaining peace.
- Received the Social Justice-in-Action Grant for 'Brandeis Citizenship Day,' a Brandeis event focused on connecting local immigration services with Waltham immigrants.